Our Chicago weather is changing again! Be sure to complete the Fall Home Maintenance Checklist to prepare your home for the season:
- Have your heating system inspected by a professional.
- Clean out or change your HVAC filters.
- Check your roof for any damage to prevent any leaks.
- Rake leaves from your lawn.
- Clean out gutters and downspouts.
- Check your weather stripping and caulking around exterior doors and windows.
- If you have an indoor fireplace, be sure it is cleaned and inspected.
- Drain water from sprinkler systems and outdoor faucets and hoses.
- Cover grill equipment, outdoor patio furniture and cushions or store in a weather safe environment.
- Test your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.
Follow this Fall Home Maintenance Checklist and your home will be geared up for fall! Was this article helpful? Leave a comment.